I think this animation helps visualise the changes in block sizes and the average transaction fee / block reward, starting just when things begin to get interesting from 2011. It's also a bit hypnotic, so don't stare at it too long.
The "proper" way to do this is the way I did in the last post so I've included it as well as a comparison, the difference being that the transaction fee value index is in bitcoin rather than as a percentage of block reward. I prefer the animation.
organofcorti.blogspot.com is a reader supported blog:
1QC2KE4GZ4SZ8AnpwVT483D2E97SLHTGCG
Created using R and various packages, especially dplyr, data.table, ggplot2 and forecast.
Recommended reading:
- For help on ggplot2.
- For help on forecasting.
Thank you to blocktrail.com for use of their address data, and coincadence.com for their p2pool miner data.
Find a typo or spelling error? Email me with the details at organofcorti@organofcorti.org and if you're the first to email me I'll pay you 0.01 btc per ten errors.
Please refer to the most recent blog post for current rates or rule changes.
I'm terrible at proofreading, so some of these posts may be worth quite a bit to the keen reader.
Exceptions:
- Errors in text repeated across multiple posts: I will only pay for the most recent errors rather every single occurrence.
- Errors in chart texts: Since I can't fix the chart texts (since I don't keep the data that generated them) I can't pay for them. Still, they would be nice to know about!
I write in British English.



Great! :D
ReplyDeletewill be great to have all the code!
It's all done using R. If you're an R user I'd be happy to share the code, although you also need a local copy of the blockchain stats per block (time, height, tx fee, etc)
Delete